jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you still own a VCR and video tapes?

1. CatsPage profile image77
    CatsPageposted 5 years ago

Do you still own a VCR and video tapes?

2. Nesbyte profile image86
    Nesbyteposted 5 years ago

I still have some video tapes kicking about, but my VCR broke a couple of years ago. I won't lie, I was devastated. Isn't it scary to think that in a few years, no-one will remember video tapes?

3. TrahnTheMan profile image60
    TrahnTheManposted 5 years ago

Yes! I'm sure a lot of people do. I have a bunch of old home videos that one day I will digitize into a modern format so I'm holding on to not only the tapes but the VCR as well, so I've got a device to play the tapes.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Yes.......................................................................................

5. The Moseph profile image87
    The Mosephposted 5 years ago

Yup. I have tapes of stuff like music videos, tv shows, bits & pieces of late night shows (like when they'd bring animals on, etc) that I recorded over 25 years ago. The really cool thing is my wife and I found a combination Blu-ray/VHS player on Amazon that upconverts both DVDs and VHS tapes. The quality was never that good, so it's not great, but when played on that machine it still looks clearer and sharper than it used to.

6. melbelle profile image61
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

Yes and yes.  And I just used my VCR yesterday.  I watched a movie I taped off of the TV.   And, I use it anytime I want to tape something that I know I will not be home to watch.  So I use my quite often.  I just hope it doesn't break, because I don't think you can get a new one anymore.  But I did see some VCR's at Goodwill for sale for $5 a couple months ago.  Maybe I should buy one for backup.  smile

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I have a combo VCR and DVD player tucked away. I finally got rid of all but three videos tapes of family gatherings etc. that my father-in-law videotaped.  Someday I will transfer those to DVD, I have a machine for that too but not sure where....

8. BlissfulWriter profile image65
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Yes and I still play cassette tapes in my car.

working