jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What is the best portable laptop?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

What is the best portable laptop?

I often need to work on the computer in the temporary office where I teach. There is no computer provided. I've tried taking my laptop, but it's heavy and cumbersome. What is the best netbook or mini notebook? Are the 7 inch ones large enough to work on temporarily, or it it better to go with ten inches or more? I want one that is lightweight, easy to use, and a good price. Thanks!

2. profile image68
    abhi_bangalposted 5 years ago

As far as I am concerned, i use a Dell laptop of the Vostro model. I think it is a light laptop. Carrying it is easy as I move around with it. I have got the bag that comes with the laptop and it fits in the compartments correctly. So, the laptop remains safe too. Once you hook the bag on to the shoulders, there is no weight at all.
    I am sorry, I cannot comment on netbooks or mini notebooks. But I have heard that the batteries start giving problems later on. Is there an electricity socket so that you can use it on power? You didn't mention that. If yes, then using it without a battery would be excellent.

Victoria Lynnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good to know about the Dell. Yes, with the mini or netbook, I would have access to electricity, so the battery wouldn't be an option. I wish I had mentioned that. It might make a difference in people's answers. Thanks!

3. nightnight profile image72
    nightnightposted 5 years ago

There is another option….. I know that this might not go into the 'good price' category but if you are looking for a quality laptop that is really portable you might want to consider the Macbook Air. It really is ridiculously light and easy to use even if you have never used a mac before.

Expensive but worthwhile in the long run. Hope that helped.

4. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 5 years ago

I have the mac book pro - which has more memory than the air. Although the air is lighter. Up front I'm a Mac person and its worth the extra dollars because the once you learn it and get used to it, its so easy and low maintenance.

Do mac books have Word, or are they compatible? I just need something to work on things away from home.

2. profile image0
      Lynn S. Murphyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mac has pages that is similar to word and if you need you can convert it to a word.doc.

5. web4utech profile image59
    web4utechposted 5 years ago

Best Portable laptop according to me sony vio SVE11113FXW. Processor AMD  1700Ghz with AMD Radeon which give good graphic interface. Price is low $399-$450. 11 inch display and weight 1.5 kg.

That one sounds promising. I was hoping for something cheaper, but it it's good . . . . Thanks for the info!

working