jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to reduce the noise of my Laptop?

1. mymagicview profile image72
    mymagicviewposted 5 years ago

How to reduce the noise of my Laptop?

The sound of my laptop is annoying me. I tried to open it to clean it's fan, but no luck. I can't open my laptop. Do you have some tips to reduce the noise of Laptop?

2. Knightmare Golem profile image95
    Knightmare Golemposted 5 years ago

One of the simplest solutions is to use both a vacuum and compressed air.  Compressed air will help dislodge more dust then anything else, and a vacuum will help get it out of there.  Both options can make your fan spin faster too and possibly get rid of something causing it problems that way.

Its a lot riskier, but if you can get a needle applicator into the area where the fan is you can try applying a drop or two of oil... no more then that.  Absolutely never attempt to just drop oil onto it by sight... you need to be directly applying it with the needle to the middle of the fan so it goes right towards the motor along the axel.  Apply a drop, turn the machine on and let it work for 5 min, see how it goes, and if necessary add a second drop with the machine off, then wait 5 min.

Your third option would be to take it to be serviced.  Take it to someone qualified to get your machine open and have them clean and lubricate the fan, or replace it if necessary.

3. Anil and Honey profile image63
    Anil and Honeyposted 5 years ago

It may be the fan problem. Laptop is risky than desktop for repairing.

4. Insightful Tiger profile image78
    Insightful Tigerposted 5 years ago

You can try taking your fan out and cleaning it. If that doesn't work, get a new fan online and replace the old one. You can find it by searching for the laptop brand and model and "OEM fan". You can also find installation instructions or videos online. I wrote an article on 10 things you can do to make your computer run faster and last longer. Hope this helps!

http://insightfultiger.hubpages.com/hub … ast-longer

5. vutto profile image61
    vuttoposted 5 years ago

I guess the fan of your laptop generating noise. You may observe that fan speed increase when your laptop get hot. So my suggestion is, use a good quality laptop cooler, so that it could keep your laptop not getting hot. If laptop not get that hot, the internal fan of laptop will not go with high speed and it may can keep that un-noisy.