jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How reliable are websites that offer free hosting and free domain name?

1. nayaz1625 profile image75
    nayaz1625posted 5 years ago

How reliable are websites that offer free hosting and free domain name?

I have websites on weebly.com for free and they are doing fine. But what about other free hosting? Are they search engine friendly? Does making your site on a paid hosting get you more traffic?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Not very, you are going to have to invest in a website regardless.

nayaz1625posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks JThomp42

3. expertscolumn profile image75
    expertscolumnposted 5 years ago

Some are great if you don't plan on expanding into something bigger but need a website for a website's sake. Like 000webhost.com is a site I've known for years that offers quality webhosting

The downside is it doesn't look professional and the subdomains might scare visitors away but other than that no problem

take for example type in "quickplay hostzi" on google, the first link is a link to a website developer's site that he uses for software upload and information. And at the footer of his website you'll notice "Hosted by 000webhost." So maybe thats the downside, the webhost might insert self-promoting text ads but thats about it.

That said, Not all free webhosts are reliable and if you want to actively build a web presence go with paid hosting and a domain to estalblish your presence.

Thanks expertscolumn,
      I actually use weebly and have just upgraded. I now need to buy my own domain, hope to be able to do it soon. Never tried 000webhost but I'll definitely will. The problem with me is I know nothing about coding.

2. expertscolumn profile image75
      expertscolumnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah it can be hard at first but I encourage you to take a look at HTML/CSS programming, its not as intimidating--start with this site and dabble around http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/htmlcss  you'll get the hang of it smile

3. nayaz1625 profile image75

Thank you, will definitely get it a try so that I can get more features not available on drag and drop menus.

working