jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What is your favorite computer brand ?

1. Annemari profile image61
    Annemariposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite computer brand ?

How wonderful it is and why?

2. That Grrl profile image62
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

The most reliable computer I have ever had was an IBM running MSWindows ME. If I had switched to Linux instead of buying a new PC (after running that computer just over 10 years) I would likely still have the same computer. It was great. I bought a new HP last year, then found out it was designed to leave you stuck with running Windows. I tried for several months but then another person at HP let me know this computer is literally Windows only.

1. Annemari profile image61
      Annemariposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good answer.

3. leakeem profile image81
    leakeemposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by computer brand. The CPU, the Graphics card, the Mother Board, etc. Most Computers sold by brands have parts from other companies. Intel processors are best for office work while AMD processors are best for gaming. So, I have no favorite in terms of processors. For Graphics cards, NVIDIA and RADEON are great. For Mobos, AMD or ASUS will do fine.

For laptops, ASUS and Toshiba are the best. They are sturdy and also performs well.

I hate HP - expensive, buggy and easily breaks down. By all means avoid this brand.(I also don't like Acer - too mediocre)

4. brunobee profile image59
    brunobeeposted 5 years ago

Pretty much all brand have components that are taken majoritarly from the same part manufacturers.  IMHO, the beauty lies in the service and the testing phase prior to purchasing the unit. With laptops, I will go with top of the line Lenovo because I know they go through hell and back for testing their machines...although I have seen some lack in their rigorousness lately.

For towers, servers I will go with Dell for service and overall quality versus pricing.  IBM is still top of the line but tend to get quite expensive.

Not sure if this answer your question...

Happy shopping!

5. profile image0
    athurionposted 4 years ago

Thinkpad with Linux Operating System.

"Reliable build inside and out".

working