Input requested on buying a tablet

1. TeriSilver profile image97
    TeriSilverposted 5 years ago

Input requested on buying a tablet

Well, to celebrate my birthday this month (Jan 4), I am considering a tablet purchase. My hubby has the first Kindle Fire, he likes it, and I'm thinking about the Fire HD or the 4LTE  But I am really thinking about an iPad. Cost IS an object and I've never used an Apple product before -must be aable to use MS products.  Also a keyboard some for writing (yes, a new laptop makes better sense with that) but mainly web surf, email, reading, etc. I'd love it if it had a self-contained "hot spot" but that gets pricey. Any suggestions? I really know very little about this kind of thing.

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I think it comes down to personal preference and also budget. I have both an iPad and a mini iPad and I have to say I love them both and wouldn't trade them for anything.

What I like about the iPad versus many of the other tablets is the larger capacity hard drive. I purchased the 64 GB so I have all of my music, a lot of apps, a few of my favorite TV shows and some movies and plenty of room for more.

You can buy cases for the iPad and other tablets that include a bluetooth keyboard basically making the tablets an effective but more portable laptop.  The iPad is very easy to use.  The app store at Apple has tons of apps, many of them free like Dragon Dictation. 

Good luck with your choice.

3. TeriSilver profile image97
    TeriSilverposted 5 years ago

Yes, I'm afraid if I don't have something I can use a keyboard with, it would quickly become frustrating.

working