jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What do you think of CAPTCHA?

1. ESPeck1919 profile image94
    ESPeck1919posted 5 years ago

What do you think of CAPTCHA?

Although I understand it's useful in reducing spam, it's almost impossible for someone with problems like dyslexia to complete successfully.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago

I hate it with a passion!  My vision is not 20/20 therefore some of the letter I cannot read.

3. StayAwakeNow profile image60
    StayAwakeNowposted 5 years ago

It should dissappear. while it was used to combat automatic filling forms, there allready exsist services which solve these CAPTCHA codes automatically.

4. dailytop10 profile image91
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

Depends on the CAPTCHA provider. Some are good and very readable while others I believe requires psychic powers to read. Try to upload a photo in tinypic.com and you'll see that their CAPTCHA provider is among the best I've seen on the web.

5. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 5 years ago

I can't stand CAPTCHA.  I am convinced sometimes there is no right answer.  I think sometimes they just put jibberish on a screen and they are not even real numbers or letters.  Somewhere out there, someone is laughing about our attempts to login without success.

6. tehjib profile image72
    tehjibposted 5 years ago

I think the captcha is good for all. All the server would be down if there are no captcha because auto-fill bot would open millions of account or loads of requests to the server.

Now a days most of the servers have audio-sound support with captcha which solves the vision problem. Also, most of the captcha has "new captcha" button which can change the captcha to a better readable one.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
      Lady Guinevereposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not always and the audio leaves a lot to be desired.  Some of them I get right the first time and it tells me that I didn't an have to do many.  After the third time I give up because then what I was going to be posted isn't important anymore.

7. treven65 profile image60
    treven65posted 5 years ago

Hello,
    I am totally agree with you.It is not problem for the people suffering dyslexia.Some time the images are so,so unclear and complicated.It takes more then five tries to get the wright one.

8. livewirez profile image73
    livewirezposted 5 years ago

Sometimes CAPTCHA really sometimes hurt my eyes.. But I can't do anything since that is a requirement when you want to access or use the service of some websites.

working