jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is the most outlandish search result you have received from a search query?

1. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

What is the most outlandish search result you have received from a search query?

Yesterday, my husband and I were searching for "nut crackers". The results returned a page with a website that sold household items. I went to the page and saw a regular nut cracker, but didn't like that one, so I did another search for nut crackers (from the website page). The results returned was a page full of toilets. What? Needless to say, toilets were not the kind of nut crackers we were looking for, and this funny image came to mind - a multi-nut cracker! Not recommended!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7681023_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I was researching information on the problems caused by spanking children - I was having a friendly debate with someone at church who is in favor of spanking and I am not.

I Googled the word "spanking" - oh my word - I was stunned at what came back in the search and it had nothing to do with disciplining children!!  I'm careful nowadays what I put in the search box!!  :-)

3. Little Grandmommy profile image61
    Little Grandmommyposted 5 years ago

duffsmom,  click on "tools" on your web browser, then click on the "content" tab.  You can change the settings there to keep that kind of thing from popping up during your web searches, etc.

1. MarleneB profile image96
      MarleneBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Little Grandmommy. I didn't know there was a way to change the settings for search results. This is helpful advice.

working