jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How do I sell a domain name?

1. risalat profile image69
    risalatposted 5 years ago

How do I sell a domain name?

I bought several domain few (6-7) years back without any reason (apart of they sounded cool and I thought probably I'll create a website on each of those domain). I have been renewing these domains for more than five years now and I was just wondering if it'd be possible to resale these domains? If so how?

My domains are nearly premium domain names. Will appreciate knowledgeable help on where to sale, how to sale and domain transfer process.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Breatheeasy3 profile image72
    Breatheeasy3posted 5 years ago

You can most likely sell them on the same site in which you purchased them. You can also go to godaddy.com and put them up for auction to the highest bidder. In the meantime however, you should 'park' them so that they make you adsense money. You will need your dns nameserver for transferring once sale is made, but places like go daddy will have already walked you through this process, plus they offer 24/7 customer service on any questions you may have

risalatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How do I park the domain? And how come I'll earn the ad revenue while godaddy is hosting my site for 'parking' and I assume they're doing it for free ...

2. Breatheeasy3 profile image72
      Breatheeasy3posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes! There is actually a fee for parking your domain, but you can choose advertisements you want to display. Just sign up for some affiliate programs like google and/or commission junction.

Also, you can search for websites that offer free parking.

3. risalat profile image69

K, thanks a lot for your time and help. Appreciate it smile

4. Breatheeasy3 profile image72
      Breatheeasy3posted 5 years agoin reply to this

No Prob! And for some added assistance, check out this link on 10 things you must know before registering a domain name. If you scroll down you'll find some good info on parking...www.domainwarning.com

3. profile image54
    parkavithaiposted 5 years ago

Sedo, godaddy, are the few best places to sell your domain name.  Just list out the domain names you have on any of these sites and do the procedure they want.  Normally they would charge around 10% commission in order to sell your domain name (they charge you only after the sale).  But before that you have to assess your domain name value by using some domain name valuation services like Sedo's appraisal service (they would charge you some fee, I don't know how much).  But you can get a clear picture of how worth your domain names are.  You can also auction your domain name using sedo, ebay.  Sometimes you may get unbelievable price for your domain name and sometimes you may not even get a single bid. 

On the whole, before transfer your domain name ownership all you have to do is park your domain name to increase the value of your domain name and at the same time you can earn money for displaying ads on your page (both sedo and godaddy offers parking services), valuate your domain name, Promote your domain name in forums or in classifieds sites that your domain names are available for sale.  All the best.

That was really helpful. Thank you!

4. thebestseo profile image71
    thebestseoposted 5 years ago

You can sell your domain name through Godaddy.com . just go and place your domain on auction.

5. compandrepairs profile image59
    compandrepairsposted 5 years ago

The best way to sell your domains is understanding the market for the domains that you created, this way have a clearer understanding on who you are going to approach, and how to pitch the sale for your sites.

Understand the buyer's perspective, what have you made with the site, and how is it going to make them money?  Would you be able to prove your sites daily, weekly, month traffic? Be professional about this approach, a prospective buyer will not make a purchase if the seller over-evaluates the product (domain name), this is the biggest failure of selling domain names. 

Making the most out of your sale would potentially be direct sales, other ways to sell your site (which take percentages from transactions) are Ebay, afternic, sedo, etc.  Best of luck on your sales!

working