jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best camera for Zazzle and Cafe-press?

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image92
    Les Trois Chenesposted 4 years ago

What is the best camera for Zazzle and Cafe-press?

I need a good camera to take Zazzle quality pictures - I'd like to take big enough ones to put onto Zazzle canvases up to 7800x 5200 pixels = 78" x 52". It might be nice to take videos, but not essential & nice to have a zoom. More important to take close-ups. I like to have some control & don't like to use flash. There's so much choice I don't know where to start, and I don't want to pay more than I need to - not a professional photographer. Any advice would be very welcome.

2. Gina145 profile image84
    Gina145posted 4 years ago

This is not an easy question to answer. I don't think you will find a point and shoot camera that will give you decent quality prints in such big sizes.
    I did the maths on the numbers you give and you are talking about 40.5 megapixels.There aren't even too many professional cameras that have that many. Any photo would have to be carefully upsized.
    One important thing you need to realize, however, is that megapixels aren't everything. Photo quality is very dependent on the size and quality of the sensor and all point and shoot cameras have very small sensors. For huge prints you really need to look at an entry level DSLR like a Canon Rebel or a mirrorless camera if they are in your price range.
    I suggest you pay a visit to dpreview.com. It's probably the best camera review site around and you can find specifications of just about every camera currently available, with lots of  reviews as well as sample photos taken with many of them.
    If you need any more information in one specific area, perhaps I can be of more help.

3. France Travel Inf profile image38
    France Travel Infposted 4 years ago

i definitely agree with Gina. DPreview will provide you with some excellent comparative information once you start choosing cameras. That said, I have a nikon D90 that I wouldn't trade for anything! It does awesome macro shots and is a DSLR that gives you plenty of flexibility as far as how much control you want. It also has HD video that I have been really pleased with. However, 36x24 seems to be the limit for size on Zazzle. Zazzle has a forum - I would suggest posting there if you haven't already done that.

1. Gina145 profile image84
      Gina145posted 4 years agoin reply to this

That Nikon D90 is a really good camera. Better than the Rebel I suggested, but I imagine one can only buy them used now.

working