jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

My computer's monitor is not displaying anything. What could be the cause?

1. Emmanuel Marosi profile image47
    Emmanuel Marosiposted 4 years ago

My computer's monitor is not displaying anything. What could be the cause?

My computer just won't display anything on the monitor. The monitor is working fine and I have reseated the memory and reconnected everything many times. I even checked the CPU and PSU many times. I just can't figure out what the problem is.

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 4 years ago

Do the following:

(1) Check that your computer is connected to your monitor correctly
    (2) Check that your monitor works on another computer
    (3) Check that your computer has the correct driver files for the type of monitor you are using.
    (4) If your monitor works on another computer then check what driver you have installed on the working computer and add that driver to your computer that is not working correctly with the monitor.
    (5) connect another working monitor to your computer and see if you get the display.

If all the above fails then I suspect either your video card is damaged or that your monitor is not working correctly my need replacing.

1. Emmanuel Marosi profile image47
      Emmanuel Marosiposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If the computer video card is damaged, how would I replace that? The VGA port on my computer is build into the mobo

2. Thief12 profile image91
      Thief12posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Adding an expansion video card to the expansion slots on the lower part of your mobo. Then you would plug your monitor to that card instead of the one in your mobo. Of course, if the whole mobo is what's damaged, then that's a whole 'nother story.

3. profile image50
    techknowledgehubposted 4 years ago

Do check the following :-
    1 - Monitor is well connected to CPU and power source.
    2 - Connect with another CPU, Is it working on another CPU or same.
    3 - If your monitor works on another CPU than there must be some hardware problem.
    4 - Connect your monitor to your CPU and plug in the power source. Then start your computer and         try to hear a small noise coming from RAM.
    5 - If that sound is coming than there is no problem but if there is no sound then your RAM is not working.
    6 - Open your CPU and remove the RAM. Clean it and reinsert it in slot.
    7 - Recheck the power connections in CPU from SMPS that all are properly connected.
    8 - Fix the CPU and start your computer again. 99% chances your monistor will start working.

For more tech news visit :- http://techknowledgehub.blogspot.com

working