jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What does it mean when someone on Twitter follows you & then later unfollows you

1. Ceres Schwarz profile image27
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

What does it mean when someone on Twitter follows you & then later unfollows you for no reason?

Have you ever experienced being followed by someone on Twitter and then, after you follow this person back, you later find out that he / she has unfollowed you for seemingly no reason at all? What does this mean? And what did you do about it?

2. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 4 years ago

It means nothing other than they have decided to no longer follow you, nowt to worry about, such is flighty human nature, it was only an electronic signal anyway.

Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Okay. It's just this is the 1st time this happened for me & I got confused, still being pretty new to Twitter. I mean, why did they follow me in the first place if they're just going to unfollow? I don't even know why they did that.

2. profile image60
      WritersDigestposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, lately I wanted to re-build my online presence across various platforms so I deleted and un-friended some people to start again...even some friends.
      I want to separate personal from my professional.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

It has no meaning other than they have chosen to stop following you for one reason or another.

Okay. I just thought it was really strange. I mean, why did they decide to follow me in the first place then? It seemed like less than a day when I followed back and then, the next time I log on to Twitter, I find that I've been unfollowed.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry my friend, it is common place.

4. webscripts profile image61
    webscriptsposted 4 years ago

May be they are not very interested in what you are tweeting? Why would you want to do anything about somebody unfollow you?

On the other side there are marketing software which follows a hundred of accounts at a time and unfollow them after a while. This is to get those users who follow back somebody.

If they weren't interested, then why follow me in the first place? They followed first, then I followed back. The next time I logged on to Twitter, I find that I've been unfollowed. Maybe it's because of that software you mentioned?

5. profile image60
    WritersDigestposted 4 years ago

Hello:

Do not stress over it. It may mean nothing or they are trying to reinvent their profile.
    Writers Digest CEO

Okay thanks. It's just that this is the 1st time this happened to me since I'm still pretty new to Twitter so I didn't know what it meant. What do you mean by "they are trying to reinvent their profile"?

working