jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why is My Wireless Keyboard Acting Weird?

1. Anurag2008 profile image98
    Anurag2008posted 4 years ago

Why is My Wireless Keyboard Acting Weird?

I have a wireless Microsoft keyboard connected to my Acer laptop. I never had any problems with it. But today the keyboard's acting strange. When I press the backspace key, the laptop goes into sleep mode. I don't want to use my laptop keyboard because I am quite comfortable with the wireless one. My laptop's keyboard working fine. Please suggest a solution to fix this problem.

2. yougottheguy profile image60
    yougottheguyposted 4 years ago

Hmm,
    Let me take you through this Anurag,

1. Check if the sleep key on your keyboard is located at a safe spot. I mean a place where you wouldn't accidentally hit it or any possibility for this to occur accidentally, you know? If you are sure this wasn't happening accidentally. Continue below.

2. On your keyboard, look for the wireless transceiver button. Make sure it is pushed ON properly.(I feel that this might your case.)

3. Yours could possibly be a driver problem. Completely uninstall the keyboard driver. Restart. Re-install the driver. If it prompts for a restart do so, else it should do fine.

One of the above could be the reason. I recon its the second case Anurag!
    Hope I was of some help!

1. Anurag2008 profile image98
      Anurag2008posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Jeeva

2. yougottheguy profile image60
      yougottheguyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's fine Anurag!
      By the way, Is the problem resolved?

3. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 4 years ago

Sometimes it is due to the batteries that is causing the problem. I know that it consumes lots of energy from the battery and normally the batteries can only last for 2 - 3 weeks. I gave up on using the wireless keyboard.

working