jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Pros and Cons of Wireless Keyboard and Mouse?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 3 years ago

Pros and Cons of Wireless Keyboard and Mouse?

2. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

Only cons I can think of would be that wireless might cost slightly more, and you have to replace the batteries every now and then.

Aside from those, and I consider them to be very minor inconveniences rather than actual cons, cant think of anything else.

3. SAQIB6608 profile image75
    SAQIB6608posted 3 years ago

PROs ------ You will not be disappointed if you get up suddenly with any of these in hand.
    Helps a lot while giving presentations at a place where the display/projector is far away from PC/Laptop.

CONs ------ You may break your laptop while stretching wire of Keyboard/ mouse while getting up abruptly.

4. cebutouristspot profile image76
    cebutouristspotposted 3 years ago

Pro - Comfortable since you dont have any wires to deal with.

Con - Continue expense as you need to buy batteries for it.

5. daxamite profile image91
    daxamiteposted 3 years ago

Pros - Cleaner look with no wires, easier for presentations in meeting rooms, can put keyboard on lap if at home

Cons - May not warn you if running low on battery, will consume batteries, may have trouble syncing to computer if farther away, multiple wireless keyboards/mice may interfere with each other, older wireless keyboard combinations used to interfere with a computers wifi signal, older systems may not have the drivers for wireless keyboard combinations

Hope this helps!

6. easylearningweb profile image90
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

With wireless devices, it's all about convenience and portability. If I have to pack up my laptop for a business meeting, there are less wires, and you can place your mouse and keyboard where it's convenient. I tend to use my left hand for mouse even though I'm right-handed, but sometimes I switch...easy as pie to move it around. With keyboard, if you have a keyboard drawer, I always remember fumbling with the cord under the desk. Again, very convenient if wireless.

Main con for me is that the wireless mouse or keyboard takes up a USB connection, so make sure you have extra USB ports. And batteries too for the mouse. I tend to forget to turn my mouse off (switch at bottom).

Hope that helps.

working