jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is there any way to put a password for downloads or saved images?

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

Is there any way to put a password for downloads or saved images?

This is silly but I have a computer desktop background war going on! I have a person who I let use my computer who saves images online and alters them as the background and it's driving me nuts! Is there a way that I can put a password on my computer so that if an image is to be saved from the internet, they have to know it? Keep in mind too that we both work on the computer, and work with a lot of the same video files, so we can't have two different logins for the computer.

2. dailytop10 profile image94
    dailytop10posted 4 years ago

I giggled for a moment after reading your question. It reminds me of my college days when units on our university's computer lab have varied wallpapers almost every hour which eventually led to fights between classes.  Sad to say, there's no way to solve this problem as long as your co-worker has internet access. He can simply load an image on any browser, right click and press "set as desktop background". A download is not necessary.

3. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

The possibility to restrict or control this depends on your operating system. So what specific operating system you use? Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8? Home, Professional?

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
      ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sadly I'm working on widnows 8

2. Thief12 profile image90
      Thief12posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Is it regular Windows 8? or Windows 8 Pro? Enterprise?

3. ThompsonPen profile image79
      ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Just normal, dropped on the head, windows 8

working