jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever un-friended someone on Face Book because they were giving you too

1. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Have you ever un-friended someone on Face Book because they were giving you too much information?

Trying to figure out why people un friend Face Book friends

2. harmony155 profile image69
    harmony155posted 4 years ago

It is very tempting to do so but I'm afraid they would find out that they have been un-friended and take offense!

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Yes, I have had a couple of acquaintances that posted their every move from their cell phone:  just got to wal-mart, standing in line at wal-mart, eating toast and on and on.  I've never had the kind of ego that made me think everyone I know is interested in my every move.

It was taking my up my whole facebook feed.  They also posted a lot of bad language in their posting and I just don't want to be surrounded by that crap so I unfriended them.

4. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 4 years ago

I have found that the word, 'friend' means NOTHING on Face  Book.  These people are NOT friends...many of them are screaming SEE ME.

A good example is what duffsmom wrote below.  I have the same problem she does, but I don't dare 'unfriend' that person because the individual is a relative, and I don't want to hurt her/him.  This person is very addicted to FB, and does the same thing as the person duffsmom unfriended..."walking into Boscov's' etc, etc.

That being said, my sister has been 'unfriended' by a couple people and she was very hurt. 

I visit Face Book about twice a week to respond to any notifications, but that is it.

FB is like anything else.  It has its positives and negatives.  I was able to track down a long lost friend, so that was a good thing.  But it is not my obsession.  I would rather visit Hub Pages, as we all share a common bond:  we love to write.

Blessings, Sparklea wink

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Drama, lies, gossip. A few of the reasons I "unfriend" people. I don't need someone bringing me down by telling me all of the problems in their life or never having something positive to say. I will never tolerate someone who I know is an outright liar. And if someone wants to tell me directly about their adulterous affair they can (not that I won't ignore them or tell them I don't want to hear it), but I don't need to be hearing from everyone else.

Other reasons. I don't want to have to keep slogging through my newsfeed to find the important stuff buried under tons of posts by the same person who keeps on talking about their sex life, the wild parties they attended, etc.

I guess I compare it to the newspaper. I toss aside the sections I have no interest in and read only the parts that do. It might sound harsh and/or rude, but that's what I do with "friends" at FB.