What Are The Least Expensive Wind Generators You Can Buy?

1. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

2. angryelf profile image92
    angryelfposted 4 years ago

I did not know that you could get these for the home. That's pretty neat. I have no idea, but you can go to google.com/shopping to get a list of different ones from reputable sellers (google has to approve the venders before they show up here from what I understand). It looks like they start out around $1,000 for smaller electrical needs, on up to around $13,000.

3. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

I think it all depends on where you are, or rather what power source you have available (wind, water, etc) and how much of a DIY person you are.
    I've read about generator systems cobbled together from common things like old car generators for very little money. Needles to say that something like that, especially powered by an unreliable source like wind, isn't going to keep the lights on and the appliances running for extended periods. On the other hand if you have a good reliable water source you might be able to produce sufficient power for all of your needs with the right design.
    Start by assessing your power needs and your available resources and take it from there.

working