jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is it ok to use trial version of antivirus. when expires i'll download another b

1. denden mangubat profile image76
    denden mangubatposted 4 years ago

Is it ok to use trial version of antivirus. when expires i'll download another brand?

there are many antivrus brands that can be downloaded and allow us to use it's full function through trial version.my question is instead of purchasing a pro version why not use their trial versions that last for 30 days and when it gets expired use another antivirus brand which is also has a trial version.antivirus companies are renewing their versions every year which makes us to download them again.there are more than 11 antivirus brands out there.these can make us to use their trial versions.changing every month of anti virus program has bad effects on computers?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Yes. You can do this. I did it for a long, long time before I got Microsoft security essentials in which is entirely free and has no time span that runs out. It is also an excellent antivirus.

1. denden mangubat profile image76
      denden mangubatposted 4 years agoin reply to this

what do you think of changing an antivirus program-trial version every month,does this have bad effects on my computer?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

It didn't mine my friend. I did it for a long time.

3. Dantex460 profile image61
    Dantex460posted 4 years ago

Changing trials seems tiring.
    I recommend AVG it would be the same if not better then trials and last forever, it's the one i use.
    p.s changing trials wont have a bad effect as long as the anti virus does what it says.

4. Thief12 profile image89
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

I don't think the constant changing has any effect per se, as long as you completely uninstall an antivirus before installing another. However, it will eventually become tedious and you'll run out of options (seriously, how many reliable antivirus are out there?).

But more important, there are many great free alternatives out there. JThomp42 mentioned Microsoft Security Essentials, Dantex mentioned AVG, and I will mention Avast. Been using it for free for 3-4 years now and it works splendid. As long as you register for the free version, using your e-mail, you'll have the antivirus free for a year. When the year ends, you can register again with the same e-mail, and you'll still have it for another year.

working