jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best Antivirus software?

1. cosmicdust profile image61
    cosmicdustposted 6 years ago

What is the best Antivirus software?

Are free antivirus software as effective as those for sale?

2. Teddletonmr profile image76
    Teddletonmrposted 6 years ago

AVG internet security 2011 is a great place to start. What we should keep in mind, no single antivirus software will work 100% of the time. Using the free version of something like Malwarebytes is a good second step to any anti virus software.

3. profile image0
    ThomasRydderposted 6 years ago

As your other reader mentioned, AVG is a good choice, although I did have some problems with viruses getting through it. I changed to AVAST 2011, also free, and have had no problems since. Also, no software does seem to be able to stop all, so I also use Malwarebytes free edition, and between these two softwares, haven't had a problem in 2 years. There is a site called download.com which has a wealth of both pay and free software of all kinds, and a user-friendly search engine. All the software is shown with features, both editor and users reviews, and is available for download. The only thing to watch out for is whether it is listed as free or pay. If it is pay, then typically it downloads a trial version.  You can find what you need there.

4. fritzgoesrawrr profile image60
    fritzgoesrawrrposted 6 years ago

I like MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) and Avast Anti Virus. Its both light and easy to use plus it protects my laptop for 2 years without being injected or attacked by viruses. smile

working