Are you interested in the new Google Moto X customizable smartphone?

1. wjlambert profile image76
    wjlambertposted 4 years ago

Are you interested in the new Google Moto X customizable smartphone?

I quite like the idea of so much customization, but then I'm a geek and geeks like to customize.  I'm not sure how many non-geeks like to twiddle features of their phones. Hopefully Google will allow more custom hardware changes in the future such as battery RAM, and storage sizes. I want 16GB of RAM and 128GB of storage and a 5000 mAh battery.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8259532_f260.jpg

2. SlydeDraco profile image83
    SlydeDracoposted 4 years ago

Customizing the look of your smartphone is one thing, but customizing the internals?  Your specs sound more like a gaming rig than a phone!  I like it! 

I am much more interested in higher internal RAM and adjustable storage than I am in how the phone looks on the outside.  Something fast and stable, with plenty of room for apps and low latency...  That would certainly beat my current smartphone (which is still orders of magnitude (pop pop!) faster than my first 25MHz 386 computer).  So Moto X would be better than what I have, but is it going to be unlocked at launch?  Rooted?  Or do I just get to engrave my name and make the backplate out of wood?  I think I will pass...

1. wjlambert profile image76
      wjlambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good point about unlocked.  I haven't read anything about that yet. Hopefully Google is cool with that, because Motorola hasn't been in the past

working