jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What products could you think of producing from garbage that is going to the lan

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image51
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 4 years ago

What products could you think of producing from garbage that is going to the landfill?

A small portion of garbage is being recycled and the majority of it is going into the landfills.   Valuable iron, steel, aluminum, copper, plastics and paper are being removed in some cases.  Can you think of any usable products that could be produced from the garbage?  If so, how could you conceive of producing the products?   How could the community start such a project to reduce the landfill to zero and have a profit to run the recycling business?

2. MarieAlana1 profile image71
    MarieAlana1posted 4 years ago

This is a long question, but there is a way that you personally can make money out of things that are going to the landfill. You could:
    A. Start a trash picking up business and have people pay you to pick up their trash.
    B. Make furniture or three dimensional art out of the things.
    C. Collect old car parts and use them to fix up older cars.
    You could ask your community for more ideas.

3. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image51
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 4 years ago

I have had people in other parts of the world telling me that the United States does not recycle to the point to eliminate landfill.  These people tell me that other countries are refining oil from plastics, making plastic wood lumber, making cubes from organic rubbish for electric power generation and heat, reclaiming glass for cement, roads and construction and collection of metals for recycling.  What is going on in America?  All of this is going to the landfill and buried while thousands of people are begging for jobs.  This new and inventive avenue could generate jobs and lots of money, as well as help our oil supply.

1. MarieAlana1 profile image71
      MarieAlana1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You have a point here. I would bring it up with talking to congress men and women.

working