This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Photographers out there, Are you shooting video in addition to stills?

1. ChicagoPhotos profile image76
    ChicagoPhotosposted 4 years ago

Photographers out there, Are you shooting video in addition to stills?

Have you considered doing it?  What are your thoughts on the direction the video/still photo market is headed?

2. leakeem profile image81
    leakeemposted 4 years ago

Yes. I shoot video too but I sell stills. I do not sell videos or animations but I plan to do so soon. It provides earning opportunities and exposure.The video industry is booming. Cameras, both compact and SLRs, can capture Full HD video. Competition is tough though.

I recommend you give it a shot. Trying never hurts. Though it is advisable that you have someone else shoot video when covering an event such as a wedding. So you could focus on your stills.

1. ChicagoPhotos profile image76
      ChicagoPhotosposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Leakeem,
      Thanks for chiming in.  I wanted to see where others are at about this.  I've been shooting video and stills for about 5 years now.  I use nikon systems so I am happy with the D800 for video.  I hope more people post an answer

2. leakeem profile image81
      leakeemposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You should be happy with it. It's an expensive full frame DSLR right? The bad thing about our tech is that new and better gadgets come out almost every year. Recall Moore's Law. So it's nice to also look out for new stuff. You're welcome btw. smile

working