I Do Not Want To Be Associated With Guns, Hunting and shooting

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (30 posts)
  1. C.S.Alexis profile image83
    C.S.Alexisposted 14 years ago

I just Googled something and I come up as writing the latest under Hunting and Shooting. I am TOTALLY AGAINST GUNS. Now  why can we NOT SEPARATE HUNTING From  FISHING? I am very upset with this. I do not like to be linked with guns, killing animals, shooting things. Guns are made to kill with. It is against all I believe in.

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you against eating? How about freedom?

2. lisafwg01 profile image59
      lisafwg01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess I'm missing something because fishing is really no different than hunting. A fishing pole was designed to kill too.

Personally, I enjoy both hunting and fishing.

3. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
      Fawntiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure when the change was made, but it appears that we did split up hunting and fishing into separate categories. I suspect that you categorized your hubs before this change was made, so unfortunately, a bunch of your hubs are still in "Sports & Recreation -> Hunting & Shooting." You can change this by going to http://hubpages.com/my/categories and reassigning those hubs to "Sports & Recreation -> Fishing." I hope this solves the problem.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

So, when you go fishing... you're not killing fish?  I kinda got the impression from your Hubs that you are... Do you kill the fish by letting them suffocate or do you beat them to death?

On a more productive front, HubPages can only change stuff here, not on Google.  The categories here for hunting and fishing are separate, so you might want to take another look at your tags and content to see if you can better communicate to Google how your Hub should be considered.

1. HubPolice profile image59
      HubPoliceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure sounds like killing to me.  Surely fishing is hunting, hunting for fish, no?

3. freelanceworld profile image59
    freelanceworldposted 14 years ago

Completely agree... Fishing is a way of hunting too..
    Though i dont think search engines results will label you being associated with those.  Dont worry. smile
    & also
    As of now. People dont google for a person's Qualities and likings and dislikes ...lol http://i41.tinypic.com/adgbbn.jpg

4. profile image0
    Gods Gardenposted 14 years ago

I both hunt and fish....I guess I havent figured out the difference of someone else doing the harvesting for me (ie the grocery store). And just for the record fish die too...
    Have a Great Day

5. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

I guess this is a cultural association, because guns don't spring to mind at all for me when the word "hunting" comes up, I think horses, foxes, and dogs.

1. JamaGenee profile image79
      JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bravo, LG, for the reminder that there are still parts of the world where the hunt is the sport, not the killing!  But then I've always considered Brits more civilized than other cultures.

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For sure we are Jama. 'Til right around the time we hit the bottom of the wine-bottle ... wink

1. JamaGenee profile image79
          JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But at that point, your maid or valet should be tucking you into bed, right? lololololol!

Oh yeah. One minute. *shouts. "Oi. Jeeves. Wine. Red. Oh and bring some cheese whilst you're at it"* Sorry Jama ... yes it's all good when we hit the floor. Or, if your servants are worth their salt you shouldn't be hitting no floors wink

2. HubPolice profile image59

More civilized to hunt animals for sport rather than food, to chase them around on horse back and turn a pack of hounds loose on them to tear them into little pieces.  Civilized, really?

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
          Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not the biggest fan of fox-hunting. The pursuit of blithering idiots - such as Prince Charles mad

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh no deary - there is always a kill. But only to brush a young man's face with the blood from a dead fox's tail. Very civilized don't you know. 40 hounds will invariably kill one fox. Sport. big_smile

We kill for fun, not food.

4. tksensei profile image60
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Read a little history. We are ALL pretty rough.

1. HubPolice profile image59

Yep, we might talk in a snooty posh accent, but we'll happily rape and pillage along with the best of you. smile

5. nicomp profile image60
        nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would India agree with you?

No argument here - the British (mainly the English) have a shameful history.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
            Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's true, we do, but so does almost every country, even India I believe has invaded and pillaged other countries.

6. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

civilized is as civilization does wink

7. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

IMO it's vile. Did it as a child. One time and one time only. I was sickened. It was the 'big' thing then. Very sporting, what!

8. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

He talks to plants you know ...

Poor plants - they must be bored senseless by his inane drivel.

Spike Milligan had the right idea smile

Yep! he had Ning Nang Nong off to a tee!

Called Prince Charles a grovelling little b!%tard. Quality.

2. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What? You mean you're not supposed to talk to plants?

Oh no!

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I fell out of my chair laughing! smile

(Achhh, I'm supposed to be very very very very very distantly related to that family... )

And the beating of fish reminded me of the Veggietales edpisode with fishslappers of the Middle East, slapping one another with dead fish... ROF

9. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Speaking of plants, how come nobody ever feels sorry for THEM?

It's all about the cute little fluffy animals.

Screw the asparagus. yikes

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)