Do you think Pentium processor support 500 GB internal Hard Disk?

1. falconboy profile image60
    falconboyposted 3 years ago

Do you think  Pentium processor support 500 GB internal Hard Disk?

Hello
    The question is aobut the PC, I have a Pentium processor and my 500GB hard disk, What is your opinion, Does this processor can support 500GB hard disk? Please tell me  here is my computer details. Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz,  RAM 1GB (DDR400/333 MHz), Motherboard: D915GAV, Currently running 80GB.
    Give you answer below with details.

2. WestelCS profile image61
    WestelCSposted 3 years ago

It should. I had a computer with the same configuration. It was Pentium 4 and I chose 500GB for a start. It worked fine. But, this is around 7 years old story.

The fact is, Pentium 4 can work on a 500GB HDD, but it cannot deliver performance as good as a dual core CPU. Consider a whole system upgrade if you can. Then upgrade the HDD as well.

I would recommend Core i3 (at least), 4GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, and ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 motherboard. I few things might seem big. But, will be good. Also, keep in mind that 4GB RAM is the minimum for future usage. And, keep it in Dual mode.

3. computertimes profile image61
    computertimesposted 3 years ago

It depends on your pentium processor which means if you have pentium I processer than it will not support .so that means Pentium iv will absolutely support your 500GB hard disk

working