jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has Anyone Installed the Latest Firefox Version?

1. eugbug profile image99
    eugbugposted 3 years ago

Has Anyone Installed the Latest Firefox Version?

Firefox was simple, and had an intuitive layout. This latest version (29.0.1) is dreadful!

2. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 3 years ago

Yes mine updated last night. I wish that Firefox would create an option like:
    1. Would you like us to constantly update your FF and change everything about your browser and waste the hours you spent to tweak it thereby costing you even more hours installing several new addons and extensions and goofy theme options and tweaks just to get it almost back to the way it was before?

2. For the love of God, please do not update my FF.

3. eugbug profile image99
    eugbugposted 3 years ago

I have the "Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them" option selected. Usually I update hoping that bugs that freeze or slow down the browser will be ironed out and the new version will be streamlined. The newest version is really awful with less functionality than previously. Mozilla seem to be going for a flash, Chrome look alike appearance with all sorts of fancy roundy transparent tabs and tiny toolbar buttons instead of a simple user interface. The new bookmark display is almost as bad as the expanding menu system used in Chrome. It's possible to pin bookmarks as a sidebar, but when history is selected, it expands out again and has to be re-pinned.
    Lots of people over on the Mozilla support forum are going mad  over this update!

If you want to downgrade, this is the link to the Mozilla support page, which links to the FTP server with previous versions.
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/in … of-firefox
    Version 28 final is also available on the MajorGeeks.com site.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Mine updated to the new version automatically and I'm still getting used to it, but I don't think it's that bad.