jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How Do I Submit A New Website Name to Search Engines?

1. vocalcoach profile image99
    vocalcoachposted 3 years ago

How Do I Submit A New Website Name to Search Engines?

I'm not the brightest book in the library, so please give me step-by-step information. Really appreciate any help you can offer me.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

Well I am sure someone will come along with a more intelligent answer and I am not overly bright myself, lol, but I had a website and as far as I know it just goes into the search engines. I mean I think there are words (key words) that make it higher on the list etc to be picked up better. I even took a class on this stuff but forgot more than I learned but I do know you get it online and it can be picked up...the way it is done using certain words can improve it. Hope that is close to the truth. lol It is as I understand it.

vocalcoachposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You're so sweet. I understand when you buy the domain name for 3 years the site ranks higher. I think using a key word does help as well. Thanks so much for coming to my rescue!

3. Snøwman profile image59
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

There's a google bot that goes around to different websites and collects information for google. Other search engines have bots too. If you go on some forums and look at who is online you will see  Google[bot] yahoo[bot] etc. They won't appear on the who's online list for all forums and websites, but they'll be there. You don't have to do anything for these bots to come to your website as far as I know.

vocalcoachposted 3 years agoin reply to this

In other words, I need to do nothing then. At some point a bot will find my website, gather information and give it to google.  I didn't know this.  Thanks so much for this information.

2. Snøwman profile image59
      Snøwmanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, that's it.

4. Sinea Pies profile image76
    Sinea Piesposted 3 years ago

On place that you can submit it is Webmaster Tools on Google.  Here is the URL
    https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … &pli=1

Closed to reply

working