jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Should I get rid of my landline and go strictly wireless?

1. Kenna McHugh profile image87
    Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

Should I get rid of my landline and go strictly wireless?

2. Fathima Khan profile image59
    Fathima Khanposted 3 years ago

No we still need landlines.what happens when we dont have wireless.

Kenna McHughposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good point!

3. Kathleen Odenthal profile image95
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

Absolutely. I don't think anyone uses landlines enough to justify another bill.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I would except for two reasons. The first is my house alarm works off the landline unless I get the updated system. The second is in case there's an emergency and I lose my cell phone signal. Dropped signals don;t happen a lot with my service, but I prefer having the other option just in case.

Great points.  I wasn't thinking about my alarm system.

5. profile image0
    mts1098posted 3 years ago

I got rid of my landline two years ago to save approximately $30 a month in fees (USD).  Before you rid your landline be sure to circulate a replacement number to all family, friends and monthly bills.  Also be sure that you will not need the faxing capability.  For me it has been well worth every bit of effort not to get hang up calls on the answering machine or unwanted sales calls.

I didn't think about the fax line. I have one and will definitely have to figure that one out.

6. profile image55
    macwebberposted 3 years ago

There are pros and cons for both.

Landline : No issue of weak signal, there is no situation in which your wifi is hacked by someone and used for dangerous purposes.

Wireless : Easy to connect to the internet, offers portability and when compared to landline there won't be a problem with cables which usualy causes internet disconnections.

Good points, thanks.

working