Does the news that Facebook experiments on its users make you want to delete you

1. alezafree profile image87
    alezafreeposted 3 years ago

Does the news that Facebook experiments on its users make you want to delete your account?

Facebook recently admitted to conducting a psychological experiment on its users by manipulating their news feeds with positive or negative information -- all in the name of science. They also admit that they manipulate users' news feeds all the time. In light of this information, would you consider deleting your Facebook account?

2. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

I have disliked Facebook for a long time now due to various reasons. People started abusing the Wall system of Facebook by posting messages which should have been private. Also when someone adds you as a relative or cousin, every photo they upload somehow gets tagged with you name even though you are not in the photo. Even after I disabled email search for my account, I kept getting friends request from complete strangers who are not friends of friends. So I had serious doubt about their email masking feature. Now if they have started resorting to psychological tests, we might as well become volunteers in funded programs where medical labs pay its volunteers. Why do something free for Facebook, that too when the site doesn't have the ethics to inform the users about its manipulation.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I never pay much attention to the newsfeeds.