jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you recommend buying a Wordpress theme or using a free one?

1. Torrs13 profile image94
    Torrs13posted 3 years ago

Do you recommend buying a Wordpress theme or using a free one?

I am in the process of building my first website and I'm learning my way around Wordpress.org. I have already purchased the domain and have things rolling, but now I want to get a theme that has good ad space built-in. I'm having difficulty finding that in any of the free themes. If you have any tips or theme suggestions (free or paid), let me know!

2. Fred Arnold profile image59
    Fred Arnoldposted 3 years ago

I use a free one with little issues. There's a lot of choices, it just depends on what you are going for.

3. afriqnet profile image53
    afriqnetposted 3 years ago

You can get a free theme and customize it and make it anything you can dream of. WordPress is so easy to use, take one step at a time. If you are stuck ask questions.

4. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I've bought a couple themes from MyThemeShop at $35 each and they have the themes set up where you can plug in ads below article title and below post, some themes allow you to plug the ad in at the header of the site. They're good themes as far as I'm concerned, already set up for SEO and ads and social media buttons, etc. I like the look of them too. I personally would rather buy themes.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

If you are beginning to learn how to use the site you can get one for free until you are more experienced. Or you can pay for the site, pay for the domain name, and to make money maybe pay for the ads. It is up to you.

working