jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Broadcasting a Direct Message on Twitter?

1. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 3 years ago

Broadcasting a Direct Message on Twitter?

Does anyone know whether it's possible to broadcast a direct message to all followers on Twitter, using wild cards or equivalent?

2. heidithorne profile image98
    heidithorneposted 3 years ago

I would not recommend sending a DM to your entire Twitter follower posse. It's considered poor etiquette generally. Just sayin' after being active on Twitter for several years.

1. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The problem is I would like to say the same thing to everyone. If I tweet the message, it gets lost in everyone's feed. If the message is the equivalent of an e-mail BCC, why should there be an issue?

3. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. That's in pretty poor taste.

4. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 3 years ago

My followers are mostly hard skinned  males, and I don't think etiquette bothers them too much (hope they don't read this!)

1. Aime F profile image85
      Aime Fposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, totally misunderstood your question. I thought you wanted to broadcast a DM that someone had sent to you. My brain is a bit mushy today. How many followers do you have? Might be worth it to personalize each one a bit if not too much hassle.

2. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have about 760 followers. I just want to let them know they can follow me on FaceBook  (most of them seem to also have FaceBook and Google+ accounts)

working