jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is a good quality printer that doesn't cost a fortune for ink?

1. daisyjae profile image80
    daisyjaeposted 3 years ago

What is a good quality printer that doesn't cost a fortune for ink?

2. Vvitta profile image60
    Vvittaposted 3 years ago

My favourite is the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2540 All-in-One Printer series. My ink is about US10 and lasts.The prints are good and the ink is affordable. Some printers are really cheap but run on very expensive ink. Always ask the price of ink when buying a printer. It is better to buy a slightly more expensive printer that runs on cheap ink. Also check the features. Are you paying for features that you never use like fax and do you really need a scan option? For me I need back/white and colour prints and the copy feature is important. The rest I can do without if it is going to add to the price.

daisyjaeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I definitely agree that its better to go for an expensive printer with cheaper ink! The ink can be a killer. I will look into the one you recommended. Thank you for responding.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i like epson, it has individual think tank with original ink. If you buy canon, you can save money by using the CISS

daisyjaeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info, peachpurple, I appreciate it! My last printer was an Epson and it lasted 20 years so I was leaning towards getting another one.

working