What does $ mean in the language of Twitter?

1. CelebrateUSA profile image81
    CelebrateUSAposted 3 years ago

What does $ mean in the language of Twitter?

I am working hard on learning all the tricks and tips for social media and of course, Twitter is pivotal. I must fully understand the language of Twitter and I need your help.

An associate recommended using $ in Twitter. I am trying to find out precisely why. I understand the @ sign and the "." in a post and the # hash tag but the $ has me mystified.

Can someone please translate for me?

2. profile image50
    s-h-eaposted 3 years ago

the dollar sign key "$" is used on twitter mainly to refer to the word money. In my experience as an active twitter user the only time I have ever seen someone us that character is when they say something along the lines of "If only $$ grew on trees" or "totally out of $$ after that shopping spree". The hashtag and @ button are used for actual twitter interactions, the money sign however is just something you can mention in your tweet. Hope this helped!! If you have further confusion I would advise consulting with you associate in regards to why s/he thought it would be a useful idea to start using the $ sign.

3. pro-tekconsulting profile image60
    pro-tekconsultingposted 3 years ago

$ sign refer to the keyword of the particular page.
    Where as #www.pro-tekconsulting.com # before a relevant keyword or phrase (no spaces) in their Tweet to categorize those Tweets and help them show more easily in Twitter Search.

working