jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think about Microsoft announcing the end of their Clip Art?

1. easylearningweb profile image92
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

What do you think about Microsoft announcing the end of their Clip Art?

Microsoft recently announced that they will no longer offer Clip Art as part of Microsoft Office. The end of an era!

2. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

The first thought that comes to mind is "Well doesn't that suck!" There was a time some years ago I used their Clip Art in projects for the kids. It was nice to have such easy to get and use clip art, and for the sake of other Microsoft users, I hate it will no longer be offered.

easylearningwebposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree, bethperry, it was always so nice to be able to go to clip art and pick out some neat images, but I guess the trend is that people are not using it as much. What a pity, it will be missed!

3. WestelCS profile image61
    WestelCSposted 3 years ago

The idea of clipart clip art had many decades of history before the Internet and personal computers.  However, it sound one back in the day - provide those people developing their first PowerPoint presentations with a quick and easy way to make their slides more visual. But things have moved on and, in the vast majority of organizations.

easylearningwebposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So true, westel, I remember those days as many of us do. I guess back in the day creating a PowerPoint presentation on a stand-alone computer with cool clip art images and photos was the thing to do, but nowadays seems that has changed. Oh well.

4. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 3 years ago

It's no big deal. Since Office 2007, most of their ClipArt's have been channeled through Office.com website anyway, so it makes sense that they might want to channel it through their own search engine instead. Those cute, little drawings will still be stored somewhere, and will probably come up on searches anyway, so no harm, no foul.

working