jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Please: how to transfer 500 cassettes/h to some digital sound device?

1. rosariomontenegro profile image76
    rosariomontenegroposted 7 years ago

I have around 500 cassettes/hours with very important educational material that I've gathered through the years and don't know how to transfer them to my computer, to be able to listen to them from there.
    I've tried to record them to an old mp3, as if they were voice, from the loudspeakers, but it doesn't work well, and it's too time consuming.
    Somebody could help me please? Thank you very much.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

With such a large volume of material to transfer, you might consider taking it to a commercial operation that can convert cassettes to digital media.

rosariomontenegroposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for the advice.
      But precisely, because it´s so huge I have to do it myself in order not to spend the big money they are going to ask for it.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

get a cable and connect your tape recorder line out to your sound card line in

4. rosariomontenegro profile image76
    rosariomontenegroposted 7 years ago

Thank you very much Misha, but then what?
    I'm a total e-moron. About computers, I only know how to write.

I was thinking that I would like to do it in some fast way, because real time it will take me years. Is there a way to do the transfer like at the fastforward speed for instance?

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

I don't think so, on a standard tape recorder/player. You either spend time, or money - this maxim stands in just about everything. Windows have a built in recorder, and your sound card might come with its own more elaborate one. I bet Mac has something of the kind, too.

And I don't think it would take years. Giving some leeway for getting it right and changing tapes, 500 hours of tapes will take say 1000 hours, which translates into 125 days with 8 hours a day spent on the task smile

rosariomontenegroposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Misha.

working