jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Would you rather get your smartphone repaired or replace it?

1. businessin30days profile image88
    businessin30daysposted 2 years ago

Would you rather get your smartphone repaired or replace it?

Cell phone repair is a booming industry, but it has its drawbacks.  If you don't take your phone to a credible location that offers a robust warranty, you might have a useless phone at the end of it all.  Would you rather fix your phone, or replace it?

2. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Buy a new one. Its cheap wirh the latest models keep pooping up like popcirn every month. The old models dropped price so why repair

businessin30daysposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well peachy, it seems that people have an issue with data transfer.  From my experience, a lot of people have tons of photos and videos so they would rather repair at a cost of 70-100 dollars instead.

3. Timmappa Kamat profile image39
    Timmappa Kamatposted 2 years ago

Well, it depends on how much I am in love with my smartphone. If it is an expensive one and more close to my heart, I would rather get it repaired. That again will depend on how much cost will it incur. If I can get it repaired for a few bucks, I would go for repair.
    In certain cases, where you are likely to get better exchange value for the phone, I would consider exchanging it for a new one.
    But, as a matter of fact, I have all my older phones still with me. None of them has been sold. That is because the emotional attachment I have with them, especially because they have been my constant partners through thick and thin.

businessin30daysposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I've never associated emotional attachment to a phone before.  Don't you think that's a bad sign? lol.  To each his own.

2. Timmappa Kamat profile image39
      Timmappa Kamatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Emotional attachment happens because we are from middle class and cant afford to buy a new phone each year. As such, we happen to indulge in heavy research before finalizing on one and when we buy it, it becomes one of our treasured possession.

4. profile image0
    iCareRepairposted 2 years ago

As a repair technician, I've often been asked this question. And the answer always depends on what kind of device you have. Batteries, screens, LCDs are replaceable but there are components in the phone that degrades the older it gets. For example, a nonfunctioning Wi-Fi cannot be repaired.

working