Repair corrupted Outlook Express in Win2k
I accidently erased some of my Outlook Express files in Win2k SP1 while installing a new hard drive. I use Outlook 2000, but I can't get into the newsreader.
I probed MSDN On-Line and MS Advanced Search and am unable to find anything specific to IE5.5 or Outlook Express 5.0 repair or uninstall/reinstall.
Could someone offer me some direction?
The only real option you have at this point is to buy an upgraded version. If you do not have the installation disc anymore (guessing you don't since its 2000) than you have to upgrade if you cannot find a repair online.
Come to think of it, now-a-days they usually come with a repair on it, maybe try uninstalling it and it usually says upon doing so "Repair - or - Uninstall" You can either try that or no other option would be to buy an upgraded version.
Sorry about the news =/
I suppose your outlook express files corruption might be severe, if so, you may use some variants of restoration, first one https://www.repairtoolbox.com/outlookexpressrepair.html Outlook Express Repair Toolbox
And next one is a little bit long guide for crashed OE files:
1. First CLOSE Outlook Express.
2. Hopefully you haven’t emptied your recycle bin yet. DON’T EMPTY IT.
3. Click to open your Recycle Bin and do check it. Do you see any files that end in .bak, like drafts.bak, sent.bak, and especially inbox.bak. If you do, it’s recoverable. But DON’T right-click and choose restore YET. (If you don’t see the files there, they may be in another folder, which you’ll get to later. At any case, they’ll have the .bak extension.)
4. If you’re not already viewing details, choose VIEW from the top menu, and click on DETAILS. This is so you can see the original file location.
5. The original file location could look something like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Default\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\some string\inbox.bak
(Default could be some other name, some string is the string that you were given, which is different for different users.)
6. You’re going to have to find that original folder, but you might have to reveal hidden files and folders to do so. Local Settings are usually hidden.
Click START, Choose CONTROL PANEL, and Click FOLDER OPTIONS (for Windows 7, you’ll have to click on APPEARANCE AND PERSONALIZATION link first before you can click on FOLDER OPTIONS.) Then click VIEW and look in the ADVANCED SETTINGS Window for SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS. Click that radio button if it isn’t already chosen, then click the OK button.
7. Now you’re ready. Find that folder, and look for an inbox.dbx. That is your current INBOX.
8. Right-click inbox.dbx and rename it inbox2.dbx, just in case
9. Now you can go back to your Recycle Bin, right click inbox.bak, and choose RESTORE.
10. That file inbox.bak should now be in the folder you just found.
11. Right click inbox.bak and rename it inbox.dbx
12. Now open Outlook Express and your inbox messages should be restored.
by MarkLam123 3 years ago
Outlook Express emails disappeared - can I get them back?A user opens his Outlook Express 6 (all windows updates up to date) this morning and finds that his inbox is empty. 200-odd messages that were there yesterday have disappeared. I have checked that the View is set to All Messages,...
by jeffbacks 4 years ago
Where can I get pst repair software?.pst file is corrupted. Using Scanpst didn't help me. I dont know what to use.
by eliaschavera 3 years ago
Do I have a corrupt deleted forder? What do I do?I can no longer delete any messages from my Inbox.I can point and read messages. I can also move messages to other folders but not the deleted folder.Can you help?
by adammesny 3 years ago
Outlook Email Connection ErrorI have an account that normally works with my Outlook 360 account. All of a sudden I started getting the attached error message whenever I try to send an email. I went into Outlook Account Settings to CONFIRM that the password hadn't been changed or corrupted, and when...
by Seanoklend 4 years ago
Outlook express repair softwareMy dbx file was damaged of a virus. I tried some recovery tools, but...I'm using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP.
by mathur47 4 years ago
I have a user whose DBX File has become corrupt due to some reason. He ia not able to send/recieve any messgae in Outlook EXpress.Can anyone suggest me any free software from which I can Repair Outlook Express Dbx files?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|