Unable to delete objects in an Access 2010 database

1. profile image56
    brianhor45posted 2 years ago

Unable to delete objects in an Access 2010 database

I have an Access 2010 database that I converted from an Access 2003 database.  (I opened the access 2003 database .mdb file in Access 2010 and then saved it as an Access 2010 accdb file.)
    I am unable to delete any of the forms, queries, etc in this access 2010 database.  Can some one tell me why I am not able to do this?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 2 years ago

It has been a while since I used Access, but I seem to remember that there was an import procedure that would make most of the necessary conversions. It was possible to open a prior version, but you could not make any changes. My practice was to copy my original database in a safe place, then import it into the newer version. If this is what you did, then I have no other suggestion to offer. I would check the Microsoft forums--I don't like to do it, but sometimes you find something useful.

A long shot method may be to download OpenOffice  (no charge) and import your original database into that and then see if you can import it into the current Microsoft version. The data should move all right. Some forms and reports that you have created may need some work.  Good luck.