jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Will Humans be superseded if Artificial Intelligence gets to it's full potential

1. Skian profile image48
    Skianposted 19 months ago

Will Humans be superseded if Artificial Intelligence gets to it's full potential?

AI is given so much importance today infact each multinational IT giant uses this like google assistant, google adsense, fb etc.

So much of attention to develop a race that will try to rule the human race.

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

I've written a hub on why AI will think like humans - because humans won't tolerate one that thinks totally differently, such as when its solution to a pandemic is kill all the infected.

1. Skian profile image48
      Skianposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,
      I am really interested in reading something about AI sir it would be better if you could comment the link of your hub so that i could reply you based on your hub.

Greetings

3. PDXBuys profile image76
    PDXBuysposted 19 months ago

Absolutely not!  The works of Alan Turing and Kurt Gödel proved that there are limits to the capabilities of machines which compute.  The modern computer and the human brain are fundamentally different.  We know this even though we still understand very little about how the brain works.  If your internet is not working can you talk into your Windows PC and ask it what's wrong and get a useful answer?  Probably not!  But that should be a fairly easy problem for a computer to troubleshoot and explain to the user. And if it cannot do that then how can it do anything more complex?

1. Skian profile image48
      Skianposted 19 months agoin reply to this

But an AI arms race could inadvertently cause an AI war that would lead to high casualties.In the fear to be thwarted by the opposite enemy AI would not be designed such as to TURN IT OFF easily,humans could possibly lose control over such situation.

working