jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Have You Ever Liked The Updated Version Of Anything?

1. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 13 months ago

Have You Ever Liked The Updated Version Of Anything?

Whether it is browsers or websites? Do you find you have to unlearn and relearn things that do not function as well as the old version?

2. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 13 months ago

Sometimes I have.  But, all too often, so-called "improvements" are hardly improvements at all.  Why fix what's not broken with something even harder to use?

1. The0NatureBoy profile image45
      The0NatureBoyposted 13 months agoin reply to this

I agree with you wholeheartedly, however, I live to learn so I would prefer they maintain the old along with the 'updated' version for comparing and lessons.

3. gregas profile image80
    gregasposted 13 months ago

I really don't like the updated version of Hub Pages. Too many changes and I liked the way it was when I started.

4. Jason mackenzie profile image45
    Jason mackenzieposted 13 months ago

Not always - things are supposed to improve after the update but they also become more complicated and often without any logic. But I guess updates are inevitable - they are a form of evolution wherein the outcome is not always desirable but nevertheless a part of a larger cycle.

5. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 13 months ago

Generally No, but there are instances where I like certain improvements. I think of the life of Windows and Excel. Long stories. Updates at work with its computer/server updates and software updates have horror stories to be told. But, I realize there are programming challenges when one improvement affects the whole of the architecture. So, one improvement means you have to change the whole thing. Thus, an update to the system.

working