How can we completely eliminate the use of non-renewable resources?

1. profile image58
    Spencer Betheaposted 11 months ago

How can we completely eliminate the use of non-renewable resources?

By using wind and solar energy, nuclear energy, and other forms of alternative energy, can we completely eliminate the use of fossil fuels and other resources that are non-renewable.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 months ago

By using up all the non renewable sources of energy, we can eliminate the use of non renewable sources of energy. I'm not sure why it is a problem to use fossil fuels. The high standard of living we all enjoy is as a result of the use of fossil fuels. I am therefore rather thankful to the fossil fuel industries.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 11 months ago

California has over 38 million people and yet we have the same God given water supply, "RAIN" and "SNOW" that provided for 20 million people in the 80s.

There are few desalinization plants, but that is more like a car dealership showroom floor that isn't manufacturing cars.

During the peak of the water shortage, CA saved a lot of water. Did the govt give the people an accolade, no they instead talked about a rate increase, because the lower water usage lowered their profits.

The same is true of the gasoline usage. With the most people and vehicles in the country, CAl has one of the highest gasoline taxes. But, Gov Jerry Brown just added $70 billion more in taxes by getting his gas tax bill.

This is not an accolade for all the gasoline saved by the people. The use of hybrids, and electric vehicles has reduced the use of gasoline.

So the answer to your question has to be posed to the government. Increasing taxes when people save resources, and use alternatives is not helping.

I heard that in some CA cities they were going to put a tariff on the using solar energy for homes. Really, how does that help people to move to renewable energy.

I don't know the reason that spawned this question, but this is my take on it.

working