jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

PHP programmers - How to Integrate multiple user registration system?

1. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 7 years ago

Title should have read: PHP programmers - How to Integrate multiple user registration systems?

I would like to integrate Wordpress and phpBB user registration / login systems and maybe my own custom stuff. Is there an easy way to do this? I realize there probably is no easy way but maybe there is a best approach to this complicated problem?

Has anyone ever integrated multiple web site programs to all work as one? What approach did you use? I'm looking for advice to figure out how to have a chance at this.

Or is there a CMS that integrates Wordpress with a forum so they both use the same registration system? I really dislike CMS's so have avoided them for years but now I think I may need one for a friend.
    Thanks

2. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 7 years ago

Bump. Surely HubPages has a few PHP programmers around here. Anyone?

3. Peter Hoggan profile image76
    Peter Hogganposted 7 years ago

Do you want the same login details to work on both the wordpress install and the forum?

MyWebsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes this is what I meant Peter.

4. Peter Hoggan profile image76
    Peter Hogganposted 7 years ago

An option might be be to use a Joomla set up as a blog and use one of the many forum plugins. Bit of a learning curve if you haven’t used Joomla before but you can achieve want you are after without getting your hands dirty with code.

MyWebsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks I will look into Joomla. cPanel comes with that within Fantisco so that a quick install. smile

I wouldn't mind digging into code, but every good web app I looked at the code had very complex code too, usually OOP which I still have trouble grasping.

5. net4gains profile image59
    net4gainsposted 7 years ago

Yes, it can be done. Our php team did it for Wordpress and phpBB couple of years back. Now we are working a way to do it for Joomla, Wordpress and Moodle.

working