jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Update on my Amazon store pages,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image75
    Bill Manningposted 7 years ago

For anyone who has been following, I posted a thread or two a while back about how I was using Amazon product links in my own website.

However I am doing it differently than the normal text. I am using my own hosted pictures of the products on my own domain, in key word named folders and named images.

I then also add my own hyperlinked text below each image. Finally I fill in the product page with 300 or so words about the product to dilute the high keyword density and give the page more bulk.

The items I recently added was Disney snow globes. I made several different pages of them with each major Disney character in it's own page.

Now, if you search for "Disney snow globe" "Disney tinkerbell snow globes", "Disney princess snow globes" and a dozen other key words like that, you will see my pages listed on the 1st page of Google. smile

My own C-panel stats in my stats page show dozens of keywords typed in that people used to find my pages. So, it does work, and LOTS better than their Astore.

The Astore gives you no SEO at all. Google does not see the text you see when you look at items in the Astore. Google only sees that one line of code you put in your page, it does nothing.

I'm working on Disney figurines now. smile

1. almasi profile image60
      almasiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Great tips, will give it a try. When I googled Disney snow globes, lakerieartists hub came up on the first page, I wonder if she is using your tips.

Bill Manningposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. No, she made that hub long before I even joined I think. The technique I'm talking about you can't use on a hub.

You can only use it on your own hosted domain website. It's the combination of Google seeing the images are on your domain, plus the keywords in your text. smile

2. Mieka profile image72
    Miekaposted 7 years ago

I used to work at Disney in Paris and I loved the snow globes, especially the big ones!

Yup, a lot of people collect them. I'm hoping they buy several each time! smile

I will finally have my Disney figurines pages live in an hour or so. The only drawback to how I'm doing it is it takes a long time. hmm

3. Lily Rose profile image88
    Lily Roseposted 7 years ago

That's great, Bill!  Can this technique be used on a blogger blog?  BTW - is Orlando Inside! your site?

Hi Lily. Yes that is my site. smile

Hmmmm, can it be used on a blogger blog? Well some of it can, but not all. See, I think the main reason this works is that the SE's see that the named, key word rich image files come from the same domain as the page.

You can't make your own image folders on Blogger, you can just use the image paths. So the SE's will see the images as coming from another domain.

However you would still have all those image key words on your page, plus the key word text. So it would help, but still not be as good as your own domain, hosted on your own server. smile

4. Lily Rose profile image88
    Lily Roseposted 7 years ago

Hmmm - makes sense.  Thanks for your explanation.  I do like the look, though, and may try out some posts on my blog in a similar manner (different products)...

Check out my figurine pages, I have them live now, you can see the link in my "pages" list. smile

working