jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Wordpress Pagination - SEO implications ?

1. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

IS it OK to split long posts into multiple page via WP pagination? More specifically, what are the SEO implications - does each page get a different URL (for example), or all the pages share the same URL?

I must admit I have not tried it practically.

Any plugins suggested for pagination?

Thanks in advance!

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hate it when the news sites do that. The only reason I can see for it is to artificially inflate page views.

Still - Google says these are "authority" sites now. If Mr Murdoch owns it - he only employs honest experts with no axe to grind. lol

WP Is ready to go to do that and it adds /2 etc to the URL.

2. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

pagination is built into wordpress

You create a new page with this wordpress shortcode:

<!--nextpage-->

Example post

blah blah blah

<!--nextpage-->

now blah blah in page 2

<!--nextpage-->
    now blah blahing in page3

can be a good way to shove ads down your viewers throat or to make a no-scroll design.

3. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

Well, it is a bit irritating to click a link to go to next page - I say that as a reader.

But I was planning a long post, which (I am afraid) will run into 3000-3500 words. I have a two column design, with a wide sidebar. After the first 600 words or so, the reader is likely to find a large white space to the right.

Not much ads either - just a single adsense block of 300 x 250 in the top right.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It depends if you are doing it for reader convenience - or for extra page views and ad impressions. wink

4. TerryGl profile image61
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

working