jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Wordpress examples

1. Ritsos profile image61
    Ritsosposted 6 years ago

In the middle (or muddle!) of setting up my wordpress site .. especially getting confused as to whether to do pages or posts ...

wondered if anyone would mind letting me see a site they have set up for adsense as a good example ?

thanks

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Put your main content on pages and use posts to drive traffic and links to it.

2. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Go to my profile and click any of the links I have in there, they go to different wordpress sites I run.

I find that a header ad and one in the top right sidebar works good. Then I use one right in the middle of my post and/or pages.

I also use those small links ads at the top of post, sometimes even on the bottom too. Remember that at any time you can show 3 content ads and 3 links ads at once.

Check out my tourist site, I love that 300X250 ad at the top right sidebar. By using both text and image ads you get some great image ads that really get the big clicks.

Also for some reason more advertisers use the 300x250 ads to show off their best image ads. smile

Ritsosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

cheers Bill .. will do that .. thanks :-)

2. pakpub profile image24
      pakpubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

1. pakpub profile image24

Sorry,  your Wordpress blogs are really nicely done. What template do you use?

1. Bill Manning profile image70
          Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi there, I assume your talking to me? If so I have started using Genesis framework. It's a paid theme system and well worth it. Just Google Genesis themes. smile

1. pakpub profile image24

Thanks Bill.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image81
            theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your sites are really nice.  I especially like that you have a Siberian Husky rescue article on your pet one. smile

1. Bill Manning profile image70
              Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your welcome everyone. Yeah I talk about all the local pet rescue places around here in Orlando. smile

3. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

The main advantage with posts is that you can show some of the recently published articles in the first page of your site. But it depends on the type of the site and how frequently you post.

4. daybreak profile image66
    daybreakposted 6 years ago

I use both pages and posts extensively on most projects, although my applications may not be similar to yours.

A good example would be a site called "freshwater fishing news" (google it if you need to see posts-pages in action).

"Pages" handle content such as fish species pages, the about page and links pages. This is all content that either does not change or rarely changes.

The remaining content includes news items and how-to articles. Both of those types become "posts".

Typically, I ask myself if content is related in some way to time, if so it becomes a post. If it never changes, then it might become a page. When in doubt, it becomes a post.

Categories are used to sort posts, which is a good way to organize things.

Ritsosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks ... that sounds a good policy .. I'll take another look in the morning .. cheers

working