jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

GPS Satellite

1. profile image54
    satellitegpsposted 6 years ago

Global Positioning System (GPS) is the only currently that completely functional global navigation satellite system (Ford Global Navigation Satellite System - GNSS). GPS consists of 24 satellites deployed in Earth orbit, which sends radio signals to the surface of the Earth.
    Basics:-
    GPS receiver is a device that calculates its position by measuring the distance of three or more GPS satellites. Each satellite transmits microwave signal sequence known to the recipient. If the recipient receives the signal that he is able to determine the elapsed time since the radio signal from the satellite broadcast reception came from his position.
    Distance from the satellite receiver is calculated on the basis of the time, since the radio signal travels at a known speed. The signal also carries information about the current position of satellites from which he is broadcasted. If you know the distance from the satellite receiver and satellite positions, it is known that the receiver is located somewhere in the sphere of specific dimensions in the center of satellite. Since the position of three satellites is known, the receiver distance from each of them, we can determine the position of the receiver by using the procedure of alteration.
    On the satellites there are atomic clocks those are very precise and expensive. However, the receiver has a far less accurate clock, a crystal oscillator. The clock on the receiver has the same mistake of the time and the space during calculation of distance from all four satellites. One of the applications of GPS is very precise calculation of time and clock synchronization.

2. Shadesbreath profile image86
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

One of the cool things about satelite gps is that it orients people so they know where they are and where they are going. This saves them from wasting time and looking like stupid drivers, etc.

People who write online use this thing called "reading" to learn about websites that they want to post content on. By using this new "Reading" technlogy, they are able to learn what each website is about, how it works, and what the difference between things like forums and articles/hubs is. This saves them from wasting time and looking like, uh, spammers.

3. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

I once had a 1972 Plymouth Satellite which the ladies loved.  Pale yellow, glasspacs, chrome reverse wheels, black interior with a nice big back seat!  At the drive-in, I once fell out of it buck naked along with my girlfriend when a friend opened the door while mistakenly assuming we were at the concession stand.

Naturally, everyone turned their headlights on while we scrambled to get back into the car!  I hear drive-in theaters are making a comeback these days.  lol

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And That my little snake...... is how you were conceived smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are indeed psycho....er...I mean, psychic, PD!  lol

4. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

... and now even the people behind apple can track you... where would our liberty be without satellite *sighs*

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh Exactly... But we can Always support Blackberry can't we?
      And get our general direction back again! smile

1. shazwellyn profile image83
        shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

*thinks... liberty or great music reproduction?* hehehe

working