jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

ADVERTISING ISSUES

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I read today that people are losing page views because they are placing too many advertisements on their hubs.  Is this true?

1. msorensson profile image66
      msorenssonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

For the ones that I had three Amazon links, they asked me to revise it, so I removed two boxes of Amazon.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I thought the formula was one ad for every 50 words!  Guess I misunderstood that one.  I don't understand how you can make money if you limit your ads!  I'm trying an experiment right now on one of my lowest earning hubs to see if this will change things.  It will be interesting to see what happens.  I took off all ads but one,and dumped all of the links but one.

2. Richieb799 profile image59
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I think you must be talking about people losing impressions on their Adsense Ads because they have the HP Ad program running. You don't have to run HP Ads, in fact you need to activate it if you want to earn from that.

I run both types of ads.  Did I misunderstand something here?  Do you have to run one or the other?  I thought you could run both without problems.  Please inform me and thanks.

1. jponiato profile image82
        jponiatoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you can run both HP and Adsense ads.  Some people do better with one or the other however.  In general, the presence of HP ads will diminish your adsense earnings.  For some, the earnings from the HP ads more than makes up for it, for others, not so much.

Thanks.  I'm earning so little right now that it doesn't matter, I guess, but I wondered if the problem was that I was running both.

3. WryLilt profile image82
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

If you have adverts ALL over your hubs, you're likely to annoy people and make them leave. It's better to have a few well placed quality adverts.

Adsense has rules about how many PPC adverts can be placed per page. And Hubpages has rules about how many Amazon adverts you can have.

Don't they give you some kind of warning if you've gone over the limit?  I usually do no more than 3 of each, but maybe that's too many?  I write fairly long hubs.  Any thoughts?

1. WryLilt profile image82
        WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

As stated above, you can have one Amazon advert per 50 words of text.

working