jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Irrelevant Adsense Ads

1. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 7 years ago

Is it just me, or do the adsense adds that pop up often have nothing to do with the topic of your hub? Is there anything that can be done to have some control over the ads that come up (and to make them more relevant)?

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 7 years agoin reply to this
        Freeway Flyerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for link.

2. harrist profile image61
      harristposted 7 years agoin reply to this

put your main keywords in title ,heading, anchor text with related topic, bold and use related tags
      hope that can helps
      thanks for asking :-)

2. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

If you have targeted keywords and content, and if the topic isn't too obscure (in other words, are there plenty of advertisers for the subject), then you should see targeted ads.

3. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

There is an option in your adsense account to stop certain adverts appearing (you type the website name and add it to a ban list) OR to stop certain subjects appearing (such as insurance.) (This will apply to your 60% share not the HP 40% share however.)

As lrohner said, if you have targeted keywords you should be fine.

Just remember if you write on something obscure like "blue beaked birds that live in the south of England" google may not have any content that matches so will resort to whatever adverts it can find.

Remember it also takes several hours to several days for adverts to match your hub content.

4. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

Changing the hub’s category will reset all your ads.

5. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I have noticed sometimes the ad right under our avatar and name follows similar to what I myself have been searching... yesterday I was searching French Connection dresses and when I just checked one of my France hubs, there was an ad for a French Connection dress.  another one I checked had an
    Armanis ad. I would imagine they show differently for the searcher.

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have seen the same kind of thing, Rebekah.  Google targets ads to the viewer, just as they do searches.  I'm not sure how to stop that, though I think signing out of adsense and analytics might help.

6. AshleyFAuthor profile image59
    AshleyFAuthorposted 7 years ago

when you're making your hub they ask you how much ads you want?

1. WryLilt profile image91
      WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is a commercial site and unless you untick the commercial box, you can only place adverts on 'high'.

7. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 7 years ago

Nothing can be done.

8. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

Most fo the time Adsense targets ads to the person, not the website.

Freeway Flyerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To the person reading?

2. brettb profile image70
      brettbposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can turn this off in your AdSense settings. Try changing the setting - some people have done well turning it off. I'm not sure which mode is better.

working