jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What did Twitter do?

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image84
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 5 years ago

I have tweets that I have used many times and all fit within 140 charactors. Now these same tweets are over 140 charactors. I did a search but could not find anything. I just counted and it said that over 127 charactors was over the 140 limit. I have used Twitter for over 2 years.

1. jponiato profile image82
      jponiatoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Are you by any chance using a new device, or a different program to post to twitter?  Just wondering if it is a character set issue.  Some character sets have characters that take up more than one 8-bit spot.

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image84
        Chuck Bluesteinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No I am still using the same computer and it is all I use.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Chuck, somewhere there's a space which isn't being either viewed as a space or is/was deleted.

The only time you should run into this problem with Twitter is when there's no space between your title and the URL.

3. Chuck Bluestein profile image84
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 5 years ago

Remember when HP put up dates of articles and updates and then took them down. Well Twitter must have tried something and then went back. So my tweets that I had to shorten to fit on now have a lot of extra spaces now. Also when they tried this the number of charactors were in blue. Now they are back to being black. Every big website is trying new things except Facebook. They never try anything new. Just kidding!

working