How to Update Motorola Droid 2 with Android ICS |A Step by Step Guide
Android Ice Cream Sandwich is a cool update over Gingerbread. If you ever use the ICS, you will not be able to go back to Gingerbread ever. If you have a Motorola Droid 2 smart phone than you may want to install ICS on it. Here is a step by step guide for you to doing so. The process is not that difficult if you follow all the instructions correctly.
Is it Official Update?
Nope, ladies and gentleman, it is not any official update. We have no connection or affiliation with either Motorola or Google. This upgradation process will be performed using a custom ROM named CWM9.
Read Me First
You shall have to agree with our terms before continuing.
· Are you a novice? Do you have any idea what are you going to do? If you have no clue about rooting or updating Android devices then it would be much better for you and your handset to seek help from an experienced fellow.
· You are not a small kid. If you are then do not play with your dad’s phone kiddo.
· You shall have to understand that if you have bricked or damaged your handset by any chance during the update process, the author or the website will not be responsible. After all, you are a grown up fellow and you know what you are doing.
· If your phone is under any type of warranty, the ICS update may break it. You shall understand it.
Now, give your opinion, you agree or not.
Do You Agree?
Things You Shall Need
· A PC or Netbook computer or a Mac.
· Good internet connection.
· An USB connector cable.
· The Motorola Droid 2 handset. It should be rooted and CWM Recovery installed. If it is not then you can follow this guide to do it.
Update Motorola Droid 2: Instructions
1) Open your PC. Check that your internet connection is ok or not.
2) Now, you have to download two files on it. You need the ICS custom ROM CyanogenMod 9. You can get it from here.
3) After that, download the Google Apps package from here.
4) Connect your handset with the PC using a data cable.
5) Transfer the downloaded zip files to the root directory of the SD card of your Droid 2.
6) Now, disconnect the phone from the PC.
1) These steps should be done on your phone. Enter into the Recovery Bootstrap of the phone.
2) Now, grant permission to the Superuser.
3) After that, select “Reboot Recovery”. Your handset will be restarted.
4) The phone will be restarted into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode.
5) Now, go to the backup and restore to create a nandroid backup. You may also skip this step if you do not want to back up your entire phone.
6) Now select “Wipe data/factory reset”. It would delete every data and system files on the phone.
7) Now you shall have to select “Install zip from sd card”. Find out the CM9 zip file and select it.
8) The CM9 will be installed on your Droid after your confirmation. It would take some time to finish.
9) Again select the install zip option to install the GApps.
10) When both of the installations will be finished, select “Reboot system”.
That is it. If you follow the above mentioned steps correctly then you will get Android ICS on your Motorola Droid 2 Android mobile phone. If you have any problem doing it then tell us about it via comments box. If you like this article, then do not forget to give us a like.