iPhone - I Have No Regrets,BUT-Top 10 DisLikes
iPhone Top 10 Dislikes
Ok, Ok my previous blog said I did not regret my new 8 gig iPhone... and I do not, but I do have to mention a few things that you should know before purchasing this phone. I still love the iPhone, but here is what you should know:
1) Germs!! - Everyone you know will want to touch and play with your new iPhone. This can lead to a icky screen which could very well have germs on it. There are solutions to this, but it still presents a problem.
2) Even 8 gig Won't Last - A few years from now, we will laugh at 8 gigs on a phone, trust me.
3) No Personal Ring Tones? - I have to admit, Apple's preloaded ringtones are great, but I would love to have the option to create my own.
4) Expensive! - You have to beg, borrow, and steal just to own this phone. The 4gig will run you $499 / 8gig $599.
5) Google Phone? - Yes, there is a chance the Google Phone will blow away the iPhone in a few weeks through price and options. Not a big chance though.
6) Dirty Screen - It is very easy to get the screen dirty, even if only you are using it. Don't loose the cleaning clothe that comes with the phone.
7) Touch Alpha Typing - Due to the simple fact that our alphabet has so many letters and the iPhone screen can only be so big.. the touch screen keys sometime are sticky. In addition, it is pretty hard to type effectively with one hand, unless you have long point thumbs.
8) NO GAMES! - Ok, Apple missed the boat on this one. Everyone needs mindless games on their cell phone. There are no games and I am not even sure if there will be an option to add games. :*(
9) Not All Mp4's Play - This maybe a simple solution that I am not aware of, but I was not able to transfer many of my videos and movies that are in .mp4 format from my Sony PSP.
10) No Standard HeadPhone Input - This will not bother to many people, because the cool white iPod headphones come with the iPhone, but for others this is a huge flaw. For standard headphone, like the Noise Canceling Bose Head Phone, you will have to purchase an adapter. A few companies that are making them are Shure and Griffin.
A few more quarks worth mentioning like no removable memory card, no removable SIM card, the charger parts can be easily lost, and the camera lens is easy to get dirty and hard to clean effectivly.
There it is, my two cents on the shortfalls of the iPhone from my point of view. None of the mentioned are deal breakers, but for sure areas of improvement.
**Please check out my iPhone Top 10+ Likes.
* Also, please feel free to leave comments / advice / or disagreements (they are all more than welcome)
AS ALWAYS, thank you so much for reading!! :)
**Correction - I mentioned above previously that is was hard to manage the 'Stock Option' by saying the iPhone does not allow you to change their standard stocks. I was horribly wrong. It is extremely easy to change the options, by simply clicking the 'i' at the bottom ov the screen.